Chidinma Ojukwu recently came onto the news and social media radar for murder. She is accused of the death of the CEO, of super TV, Usifo Ataga. Following the trend of …
Chidinma Ojukwu recently came onto the news and social media radar for murder. She is accused of the death of the CEO, of super TV, Usifo Ataga. Following the trend of the case, I discovered a sound message to the Christian youths from Chidinma. As my tradition, I look for lessons in a seemly negative situation or failure.
I deliberately tagged this article, message to the Christian youths from Chidinma, because of the change in the value system of the world today. Since Christians and the world have different guiding principles, my post will appeal to both those who merely attend church and the Christian youths.
Here you have 11 unforgettable message to the Christian youths from Chidinma Ojukwu.
1. Sinners will always be afraid of death. Every sinner has a reason to fear. That is why the scripture says,
The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion. Proverbs 28:1. If you miss any lesson to the Christian youths from Chidinma, do not miss this. She broke down in tears and expresses her fear that she doesn’t want to die. Apparently, she did not realize what death means to her sinful partner, and the family he would live behind while committing the crime. Every true child of God has this understanding: death is the gate to a glorious eternity. However, you must have every reason to fear if you are still committing any sin.
To me, a child or youth that died in his or her prime enter God’s glory suddenly. For this reason, start preparing your daily life as if death will come in the next moment.
2. Regret doesn’t reverse history. My father in the Lord, pastor Dr. Abina said, people may forgive you, but the record will not. This is the reason you should watch what you do. Ask any adult Christian if they have made restitution of all they did wrong, whether before they came to Christ or the error they committed as believers. It will take the grace of God for most people to make eternity with God. However, the lady was asking the family and the government to forgive her. Will that undo what has happened? I know good will forgive her if she genuinely repented, but will that reverse the story? Your guess is as good as mine is.
3. One sin is all you needed to get to hell. You don’t need many crimes to be tagged a criminal. The Bible recorded only one sin of disobedience by Adam and Eve, and now we are still paying the price. We know little about Uzzah’s past life in the Bible, yet one error of touching the ark that was about to fall took his life. Therefore, it will take one sin to miss eternity. The Bible says,
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. James 2:10. One murder case turned Chidinma into a murder suspect (she is yet to be convicted as of the time of this post). This was a similar story with king David. Therefore, never play with any sin. In fact, Jesus said, But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:28.
4. Secrets are not forever. From the statements of some people in the school community, Chidinma looks innocent on the outside. Nevertheless, the end story revealed her accurate picture. A few other pieces of information about her reckless life are now emerging. You can only hide your sin for a while. King David thought his sin with Bathsheba was hidden until the prophet Nathan came with a shocker.
Usifo, the man Chidinma killed didn’t use a popular and probably a decent facility that befits a man of his status because he wants to hide his sin. Well, for a while it was hidden. Unfortunately, he was not alive to witness the shame of that sin.
An African proverb says, all day for the thief, but a day for the owner. Chidinma said she had killed nobody before. Since she has not been accused of such a crime before, we may assume she is telling the truth, but will that excuse her from this case. The answer is no. Do not forget you might have been getting away with your sin, but remember you may no longer get away with it. So change while you have the chance.
5. Living a reckless life has a heavy price tag. You will pay the price for whatever lifestyle you choose to live. If there is, any lesson to Christian youths from Chidinma is to weigh the result of reckless living. It may be fun at the onset, but the end may be terrible. At least she has everything going for her with the rich man she is dating. So watch your life because you may head to the cliff.
6. Divorce has multiple painful effects. Selfishness has always been the bane of most divorce cases. Couples rarely consider the impact of their actions on their children. They are only interested in making themselves comfortable. Chidinma is one of the unfortunate results of a failed and broken home. Children raised in a Christian home by their parents have higher chances of turning out better than those raised by either parent.
Also, read: Top blogs for teens and youths to follow.
7. Your model matters. Chidinma has this lesson to the Christian youths about models. While I don’t have issues with her preferred models, I believe Christian youths should choose their models wisely.
Regrettably, young believers do not see a better example to follow among the great and successful men and women who are Christians. Instead, they chose movies, sports, and musical icons. Unfortunately, most of these popular models have no moral or spiritual examples to show.
Many of them have issues with marriage, drugs, reckless living, etc. It is these public figures that shape how youths dress, talk, relate to God, and set their passion on the acquisition of wealth. An average youth wakes up and wants to make money and fame like his or her model.
Most times, they cannot look beyond what is behind the scene of popularity and wealth. What better lesson can you learn from models having no marriage, questionable stories about drugs, immorality, or fraud? The best is you will end up being like them.
8. Freedom comes with its responsibility. It is a common experience today for youth to think they have the liberty to do what they like. However, often they ignore true freedom comes with a great deal of responsibility. For instance, you will lose your freedom if you use it outside the confines of the law.
It is a level of freedom when you get to the university. However, you must live responsibly to justify you are mature. Maturity is not only in age but also in the ability to take responsibility and solve problems. From her confession, she told the journalist how she turned wayward shortly after she got to the higher institution. She lost her sense of dignity because she felt she was now a big girl. As a believer, the Bible warned, you must not use your liberty to sin.
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Galatians 5:13.
9. Life is a choice. This lesson to Christian youths from Chidinma teaches where you end in life is a matter of choice. Life is not an accident. Everything has its cause and effect. Though Chidinma Ojukwu’s parents might have their faults, yet it is the young lady’s choice where she is heading. After all, Samuel grew to be a great prophet under the same roof as Hophiny and Phinehas. Samuel was righteous and dependable, while the children of the Prophet were wayward and sinful.
Following that are the lives of Daniel and his three friends. They chose not to defile themselves with the abominable offer of the king. Mind you these young men had no pastor, shepherd, priest, or the physical word of God to guide them. Still, they stood by the legacy of their home country and God. Yes, the world around you is corrupt, yet you can make a difference. While we cannot excuse the lady’s error, still, she made the wrong choice in life.
10. You are a product of influence. One striking message to the Christian youths from Chidinma is the effect of relationships. We are all products of influence. Almost anyone can predict your future by evaluating the friends you keep. From the interviews, Chidinma granted the punch newspaper, her friends were the ones who introduced her to smoking and the likes.
Thus, how far you will go in life depends on the friends you keep. Therefore, I can confidently say your Christianity is doubtful if most of your friends are unbelievers. The scriptures say evil communication corrupts good manners.
Stay away from friends, not living the word of God. Don’t forget Samson, Rehoboam, Ahab, and Absalom lost their destines for keeping a company with the wrong people.
11. The future begins with you. The world over, the youths are taking charge. You see young people taking over business, sport, politics, military, ministry, education, and show business. The question to ask is, are you ready to take over from the corps of leaders with your present way of life?
Chidinma is a potential superstar in media, public administration, marketing, politics, show business, etc. Not how do you think she will end her life when convicted? The future looks bleak with the current ways of life, especially the Christian youths. Presently, will you make a better leader if you have the opportunity with the way of your life?
While I wouldn’t want to be judgmental, you know the law will take its course in the murder case leveled against this young lady. What can you deduct from this article on message to the Christian youths from Chidinma?
Let me have your view in the comment below. Do not forget to share this with your friends. Remember to like my Facebook page because that acts as a motivation to me.