Locked Down, But Not Locked Out: See What I Gained. The stone that was a stumbling block to some is what was a stepping stone to others. There are lessons …
Locked Down, But Not Locked Out: See What I Gained.
The stone that was a stumbling block to some is what was a stepping stone to others. There are lessons that adversity teaches us that we can never learn otherwise. I can convincingly tell you my experience during this coronavirus is locked down but not locked out. The best of life is to leverage any opportunity that comes your way. Such a situation may be positive or negative. Referring to my locked down, but not locked down experience, I was fulfilling the scripture that commands us to redeem the time Ephesians 5:16-17. According to R.L Adams, how much time you have, but how well you use the time that will determine your success. You need the type of revelation I shared on coronavirus in the other post to achieve something tangible in a time like this,
These are the few benefits that I achieve during this period of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A period of spiritual revival. Busyness is one factor that saps our spiritual strength. I must confess I am guilty of that as well. But during this period, I locked in with God instead of lockdown. The time allowed me a fresh fellowship with God in prayers and the study of the word of God. Apparently, I recovered some of my past lost time with God.
Not only that, but it was also a period of recovery of a key component of my spiritual gift because I had enough time with the creator who is the giver of the gift.
- It increases my faith. This is a time to prove the faith of many believers. Naturally, you turn to God when you reach your wit end. My faith in God to provide was higher than at any other time. And this paid off as he uses various people to meet the need of my family. It also helped my family to reach out to others in our small way. This is because we knew he provided for us through others so we must reach to other people as well.
- It taught me to be prudent. My children will be in a better position to talk about. More than ever before, they have learned to minimize wastage and be vulgar with whatever we have
- I realized the importance of saving. The coronavirus pandemic period made me value the culture of saving. This is a period you rarely make money. The only saving grace is your little saving and the benevolence of your close associates. Now, I have decided to jack up my savings by a certain percentage to make up for the raining day.
- Offer better leadership to my family. The undoing of any father is His failure to offer fatherly responsibility to his family especially his children. Though I have by the grace of God not been lacking in this area. But together with my wife, we were able to scrutinize their life spiritually, academically and otherwise. Where necessary, we rebuke, correct, and admonish them. Beloved, it was a wholesome experience.
- Compulsory but rewarding rest. If there is anything I will always remember about covid19, it is the opportunity it gave my wife to take a compulsory rest. Until now, she never factored rest into her schedule. I believe her body will that God for this.
- Connect with others. Until now, I never have known my neighborhood was that populated. Though there was a social distance order, a security issue forced us in the neighborhood to gather in an open space on our street. It was there I saw many faces I have not seen before. We exchange pleasantries, ask about ourselves, and get to know one another. It was a social reunion of sort.
- Improve family relationships. Like I mentioned when I was talking about the revelation about COVID-19, I had a great time with my family. Before this time, meeting and getting the family together for a whole week was near impossible. This is due to the individual’s engagement. But the current situation changed the situation. That is why I can say I am lockdown, but not locked out.
- It makes us more productive. Productivity was one of the reasons I saw this situation as been locked down, but not locked out. If you needed farming coaching, you can consult me. This is the courtesy of the COVID -19 lockdown. Now, I have turned a portion of my compound to a small farm. In fact, I ate a portion of that product before writing this post. The new idea of mobile farming is already coming up in my mind. So the time was not a waste after all.
- It makes my children more responsible. An idle hand is the devil’s workshop. During the period, my children began to take responsibility that will enhance their life spiritually, academically, morally, and vocational. Their online presence is more productive than before. They take responsibility at home without being told. They are spiritual connectivity with God was enhanced during this period.
Like any other person, I wouldn’t pray for the continuation of the lockdown. Still, I will ever be grateful to God that the nation was kept on her kneel and though I was locked down, I was not locked out. In all, I think I am better off now after the stay at home others.
How has this period affected you positively? Let others learn from you as you share your experience in the comments below.